Welcome to Saida Waheed FMH College of Nursing
Fatima Memorial Hospital (FMH) was established in 1977 by Begum Saida Waheed as a non-proﬁt community hospital for women and children with the purpose of supporting and augmenting services provided by the government. The single largest issue faced by the health care systems worldwide is the increasing demand of nurses. Realizing this issue, she set up a school of Midwifery in 1978, which was upgraded to a School of General Nursing in 1995 and to a college of Nursing offering Post Basic One Year Specialization in 1999. In 2007, FMH College of Nursing was expanded and offering Diploma and Degree programs under one roof i.e. Saida Waheed FMH College of Nursing. Our Nursing programs at SWCON are taught by experienced nursing faculty members from a variety of disciplines. Both Degree and Diploma nursing programs lead to professional nurses’ registration; equally divided between academic study and practical experience. In addition, we have nationally recognized nursing leaders and researchers, and all our teaching staff is committed to ensure that nurses have the best possible experience, enabling them to emerge as conﬁdent and competent professionals. Very positive experiences in practice lead many of our graduates to obtain employment at the national and global levels upon completion of their degree or diploma program. The nurses graduating from SWCON are among the best in the country, as reﬂected by the 46 positions and 265 distinctions secured so far in the University of Health Sciences exams since 2008.
Begum Saida Waheed (Late)
Why Saida Waheed?
- SWCON has all programs under one roof.
- SWCON has highly qualified faculty.
- Research Centre for valuable researchers.
- Well-equipped labs for learning.
- Up-to-date library / E. Library
- Best career prospects in the market.
- Enhanced valuable employability skills.
- Personal and professional growth.
- A good chance to have work experience.
- Financial Aid facility
- Paid internship for graduates
- The campus is located in the center of the city.
- Hostel facility with a homely environment.
- Focused on future careers.
- Best clinical facilities